Friday, October 14, 2016

DIVA Challenge#288- Simply Gordgeous... and some other stuff

In honour of our thanksgiving, and because of the beginning autumn season, this week's challenge is to try the official tangle Gourdgeous.
We had a similar challenge just one year ago and it is rather interesting to compare the own tiles from the present with those a year ago. And it was a very nice reminder to a amazing event with my favourite Football Team (USA: Soccer).

I must admit that gourdgeous is not my favourite tangle but the challenges encourage us to try and practise such tangles as well. And finally, the result is not so bad, anyway...


Last week I received some samples of watercolor pigments named "brusho"  by the German CZT Anya Ipsen for some tests. (Thank you very much, Anya!) . Brusho is a powder which you dust on your paper and then spray with little water. The pigments immediately spread on the paper and create very interesting forms and colour effects.
The colours are fantastic and it is a lot of fun to watch how they are developing on the surface.
This are my first test tiles which I prepared with som Busho colours:

Zendala with Verve, Enyshou and Pokeroot

cotton-rag paper tiles
Heartswell by Helen Williams


6 comments:

  1. The Gourdgeous tile is not bad, on the contrary, this is a very nice composition with a beautiful touch of colours and well chosen tangles to combine.
    But I'm a big fan of that "brusho" the results are wonderful and make the tiles very special, I love them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Those are all fantastic. I love your Gourdgeous tile and those colors really make each piece pop:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Those are all fantastic. I love your Gourdgeous tile and those colors really make each piece pop:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Gourdgeous tile and great tiles with the brusho too! I hadn't heard of this before so off to research!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gourdgeous ist gourgeous, I like Heartwell too, but the other two tiles irritate me because the colour distract fom the wonderful tangles :-) Gudrun S.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Liebe Simone, wunderschöne Werke hast du da gezaubert!!! Sie gefallen mir alle sehr! Die Effekte mit "brusho" finde ich mega schön! Hab hier noch was für dich liegen aber das braucht noch ein paar Tage ;) Schönen Sonntag! LG Anja

    ReplyDelete

Vielen Dank für euer Feedback! Many Thanks for your feedback!