Thursday, May 18, 2017

DC#316 String Theory: Stripes

This week the DIVA challenged us to use stripes as string for a tile.
I combined this with an idea which I had some weeks ago and started to realize this week:
I use tapes as "strings" on my tiles.

For this tile I used white tapes and striped a black tile black/ white. Finally, I drew on the pale tape and on the black area. I need to exercise this some more...

I used the tangles Printemps (ZT), Drogon (Lily Moon), Shattuck (ZT), MySwing (my own) and Munchin (ZT)



I tried the tape technique on a black 3Z tile, and I will continue this series next time:


I am a little delayed with my calendar, I will show you the last days within my next post.
I wish you all a lovely weekend!!

10 comments:

  1. You've made each Tangle really stand out and the colour adds to it beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun idea and great tiles!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this tape technique very much, both results look great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How clever to use the tape for stripes! I love that soft tan of the "white" tape on the black tile. The 3Z tile is awesome, too. Such beautiful colors everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hallo Simone, ich finde beide Kacheln wunderschön, aber besonders die erste hat es mir angetan - die Kombination der Farben und Muster ist einfach toll :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your idea of working with tape. I will explore that now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love both your tiles! Terrific choice of tangles!

    ReplyDelete

Vielen Dank für euer Feedback! Many Thanks for your feedback!