Friday, February 3, 2017

New tangle "SIRI" inspired by Ria Mattheussen, tangle calendar

In January, I started to use Carol Ohl`s Zentangle calendar and challenged me to draw each day a tangle which is new to me / which I never used yet.
I already reported about this project in previous blogpots.
Among others, I use Linda Farmers website "tanglepatterns.com"  to explore the brand new tangles and most of them I draw immediately.

During the last month I especially like  Spoolies, Puffy 8s, Soluna, Knightspeek, Wibble ... I have them all in my calendar.

The day before yesterday I found the new tangle by Belgian CZT Ria Mattheussen, ZIMBA.
I drew it the same evening  and fell in love with it and with the pattern which inspired Ria for her tangle.

So I played a bit around and tried some variations. At the end I found , that in my opinion I developed a new tangle!! I did not even think about it…

I contacted Ria by E-Mail and showed her my idea. I told her that I would like to name the tangle „SIRI“. This are the first letters of  our names Simone and Ria. 
Ria was excited as well and gave me the courage to draw a stepout of „SIRI“ and to publish it.

Here it is:


And here is the lat page of three days in my calendar , with the first try of Zimba and SIRI, competed today with Gottago by Lianne Woods.




7 comments:

  1. Congratulations Simone, Siri is a beautiful new tangle, I love it and I thank you for giving the pattern a wonderful name!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tangle, Simone. I love that you used Ria's name and yours to name the new tangle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great story leading up to your new tangle! I too love Ria's Zimba and am looking forward to drawing Siri this evening. I also use Carole Ohl's calendar, as you do, for trying out tangles I haven't drawn before. I love it! And I am so delighted with how our growing Zentangle community shares and reaches out to other tanglers All OVER THE WORLD!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful job! What striking differences and similarities! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll be adding Siri to my Ohl's calendar as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing, nice post! Post really provice useful information!

    Hương Lâm chuyên cung cấp bán máy photocopy và dịch vụ cho thuê máy photocopy giá rẻ, uy tín TP.HCM với dòng máy photocopy toshiba và dòng máy photocopy ricoh uy tín, giá rẻ.

    ReplyDelete

Vielen Dank für euer Feedback! Many Thanks for your feedback!