Saturday, June 15, 2019

Opus with Labyrinth and other Zentangle Classes

Labyrinth on Opus

In May, I run a Zentangle class where we created Opus tiles with Labyrinths based on the idea of Dorian Eng, CZT.

I had a lot of fun during the preparation of this class, prepared several opus tiles in several styles and decided for a Renaissance tile, tangling with a blue Micron and shading with blue colored pencil.
The edges of the Labyrinth we drew with Gelly Roll pens in copper.
Outside the Labyrinth we embellished with white charcoal pens.

We did it as a workshop of 6hours.
I prepared the labyrinth in pencil already at home for all students, so we did not need much time for construction.

Nevertheless, we needed all the time and most of us did not finish the outside embellishments. So we had a bit homework to do ;-)

Attached I show you my own tile, finished, and the amazing results of my class.

And Ria, do you see how beautiful your Javik fits into the shapes? My students LOVED it!!

I am very grateful for this beautiful inspiration - thank you for that, Dorian Eng!!




my very first Labyrinth with black on white Opus tile and belly in gold for the edges

check of some tangles on a classic renaissance tile (9x9cm)

Zentangle classes this weekend

Today, I run my last class before the summer break.
After a very inspiring basic class last night (with 30°C outside ...) we had a advanced class today with the subject "Tangle enhancers".

Despite of 32°C outside, we had a very creative and concentrated class.
Thanks to all my students - you are amazing!

These were our today's tiles:
my class preparation

the class work today ;-) look at the dew drops!! Despite the heat!

Rumpus and nothing else 

Tomas Padros makes me crazy ;-)))

Tomas Padros, Zentangle artist from Barcelona, Spain,published such a lot of stunningly beautiful tangles that I am not able to draw them all- but they are so interesting that I almost feel a little bad, that I missed some of them ...

This is the tangle "Allstars" in the center of the hexagon tile.
The hexagon shaped tile are an amazing idea of Marguerite Samama.
You can by sets of 20 together with a very nice explanation and tutorial with lots of lovely ideas ton Marguerite's Etsy- shop  ("Happytangling")




Here are my first tries on "Tissoooh" which is so full of surprise!





Hanny Nuras #fullmoonmosaic of June

These are my two versions of the tile with Hanny's string and the tangle Appease .
In the center are variations of my tangle SiKito which was published on tanglepatterns.com some weeks ago.





2 comments:

  1. Jedes Mal ein Genuß, deinen Newsletter zu öffnen. So tolle Ergebnisse und soviel Kreativität. Bin hin und weg!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Simone, this is a wonderful post with so many little jewels. Your tiles are gorgeous (especially the first Opus is sooooo cool) but also the results of your students are great. They have luck to have you as a teacher. I'm very glad to discover that Javik has got a place in those Opus ones but also the tiles with the dew drops and Rumpus are lovely. Tissooh is an amazing pattern but I struggle with that one Your results are very nice and so are your entries for the full moon challenge!!!
    Greeting from Belgium, also to your fantastic studensts;

    ReplyDelete

Vielen Dank für euer Feedback! Many Thanks for your feedback!